Saturday, June 8, 2013

TV Stand Up Grade

So Bryan and I are in the process of getting our Study put together the way we want it.  We have painted, floored, and now we are trying to get all of our furniture in it. God has been WAY to good to us, and somehow as a young (2-year) married couple we have WAY too much furniture.  In our first apartment, we had a nice couch, love seat, and recliner set for our living area.  When we moved into the house my Aunt/best realtor in the world found a full house worth of furniture that we bought for dirt cheap.  (I'm talking HUGE sectional, 8 seat dining table and matching china cabinet, and king size bedroom suite.) 

So the sectional is in the living room, and now we have the 3 piece set to go in our study.  The problem is that we also want a desk and TV stand too... and that is too much for a study. 

I recently made over this desk, and it is going to go in the corner.  We wanted something that would fit (tightly) in the corner to put our small TV on.  That would leave us enough space to put the couch and recliner in the room too (the love seat is in one of our spare bedrooms now).



We started looking a while ago with the intent to not spend too much money... maybe I could find something and re-purpose it like I did the desk.   We came across this at TJ Max and instantly fell in love with it.  It was the right size (Bryan brought the tape measure,) and I loved the glass doors on the front.  It wasn't too deep either, which was what we were looking for.   At this point, I didn't really care how much it was... I had to have it!


The only problem was that the front right corner had a very noticeable crack on it.  But it was PERFECT.  We ended up negotiating with the store manager and got her to knock an extra $30 off the already clearanced price.  We immediately started brainstorming and came up with the idea of covering the top with fabric.  We picked out the fabric (and then I got extra to make pillows to throw on the couch.)

 
All I needed was a day to get started and an extra pair of hands.  My sister was conveniently free one weekend and it was time for a sister day... if you know what I mean.  She was very helpful in thinking through the design with me, and then she did all of the stapling... cause I'm a weenie. 


We still need to drill a hole in the back so that the DVD and cable box can go inside, but other than that, what do you think?   





Here is is, all put together!  Shout out to that handy Hazzard I live with ;)

 

1 comment: