Saturday, October 5, 2013

James's bibs

So I know that I have only been posting about the cleanse, but I want you to know I've done other stuff too! 

This was an order from my mom for a co-worker.  It is also what I did when I was home alone.... Instead of eating things I shouldn't. :) 




We are also getting to where I am almost out of this material... so I won't have too many more sets like this.  Sorry for being boring, I just think they are too cute!




I actually have a funny story with the burp cloths for these.  I was out and needed more, so I went to Target and picked up 2 more packs (so I have 18 more burp cloths if you want to make an order). ;)  At Target, they are $16.99 for a pack of 10.  At the register, she rang me up and I didn't pay attention, I swiped for $18.35 and went on about my business.  Then the next morning I started to think about it, and some how made the realization that I only paid for 1 of the packs.  After talking with Bryan and praying about it, I decided the right thing to do was to go back and pay for them.  (Believe me, I thought about several other options: Maybe God wanted me to make the free pack and give it to those in need... but then I think God would make that possible without having to basically steal them.  What if I get that clerk in trouble for not ringing me up right, that's not my intention.  This way I'll make more money when I sell the burp cloths.... the clerk at Target is going to think I'm nuts.)  But I decided the right thing was to take them back.  In the back of my head I was expecting the people to just say that it was okay... and send me on my way or maybe give me a coupon or discount on the 2nd pack... something for doing the honest thing.  I walked in, and explained the situation.  The clerks response was "We need more honest people in the world, that will be $18.35."  I didn't get a discount or anything... but at least I know I did the right thing...








1 comment:

  1. In college, I went to HEB with my roommates. We were all doing some shopping, and I just needed a box of tissues. We got back to our apartment, and I realized that I had just walked out of the store with the box in my hand, without paying. So, I drove back and paid for them. I think the person thought I was crazy, especially since it was less than 2 dollars, but I knew it was the right thing to do. I still can't believe I walked right out of the store like that, lol! Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but when you know, you know.

    ReplyDelete