Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 2 and 3

After talking with my sweet Advocare Advisor,  she recommended that I try the peaches and cream fiber drink for my 2nd morning (Tuesday).  I only put it in 4 oz or water... and chugged, but I got the whole thing down!  I felt like a champ.  There might or might not have been a celebration dance in the kitchen that morning.

I had stuck a piece of chicken in a crock pot the night before and shredded it for some protein for breakfast.  After my accomplishment of the fiber drink, I was thinking that I could do anything.  I put the chicken in a whole wheat (low carb, low fat, low everything that tastes good... I didn't know I bought THAT kind of) tortilla with some fresh salsa in with it.  I was thinking that I was going to rock it.  On the way to school, I opened my burrito and took a big bite.  I have to learn to take small bites for new things...

Gross.

I was able to swallow my bite and a half worth of the cardboard they call tortilla.  When I got to school I took the chicken and salsa out and just ate that.  The morning went smoothly and had my standard nuts for a snack around 9:00.  By lunch time I was hungry again; I ate the quinoa salad from the night before with some fruits and veggies.  I lost the Spark packet so I only had the one drink in the morning.  I didn't NEED it, but it would have been nice.

I was hungry most of the afternoon, but not the kind of "I think I'm going to die" hunger... just the "I would munch on something right now if I could" kind.  We made a chili for dinner and ate around 5:00.  It was really good and fairly simple to throw together.  We did use beef... it was the 96/4 kind that is kind of pricey, but so worth it!  We took our pills at dinner and then again before bed.

Day 3 took a similar route.  Fiber drink, shredded chicken (not the greatest for breakfast) and fruit.  For some reason, I was hungry all day.  I snacked on my nuts, ate my quinoa salad and veggies and found the Spark from the day before in the chaos called my desk.  I came home and we made chicken and steamed veggies.  I was starting to think that maybe I couldn't last the 7 more days.  Then I got on the scale, and I was down 2.5 lbs from my starting date (weighing at the same time of day).  Suddenly... 7 days was looking good!


No comments:

Post a Comment