Friday, June 7, 2013

My Goals for this summer

What can I say?  I'm a planner.  I always have been and probably always will be.  I am okay with plans changing, but I still want a plan.  At any given time, I have a 3 minute plan, 30 minute plan, 3 day plan, 3 week plan, 3 month plan, 3 year plan an so forth.

For example, right now:
3 minute plan: work on the blog until Bryan needs help in the kitchen
30 minute plan:  eat dinner and clean up kitchen (I might even throw in a floor cleaning)
3 day plan:  that would be Monday, and I'm going to work on prepping one of the bedrooms to paint and then spend the evening with some friends
3 week plan:  I'm not too sure on this one... yet...
3 month plan:  start off my 4th year of teaching (I'm too young for that!)
3 year plan: have the house finished, be much better at sewing--maybe even have a little side business with it... think and pray about starting a family.  (That is still a ways away... Mom, when you read this... don't get too excited)

Just like that I have a plan.  If things change... that's fine but I am most comfortable with a plan. 

So with that being said, here are some of the goals I have for this summer.  You can hold me to them and see how much of this gets done.

paint 2 remaining bedrooms, closets, master bath and closet, laundry room and guest bath
lay flooring in the 2 rooms mentioned above
clean the grout in the hallway walk way
re-caulk the guest tub
make pillows for study couch
hang curtains in the living room
make some of those pintrest recipes I have been looking at :)
hand bridal portrait
learn new embroidery tricks/expand my abilities
4 more bib/burp sets (that I know of right now... hopefully there will be more orders)
make 2 dresses from patterns
go to youth camp as a councilor
go on vacation (Super excited!!!!!!)
finish the Karen Kingsbury book I started last summer...
I want to read Redeeming Love
Maybe paint some more canvases

That's all that I can think of for right now.  I guess better go help Bryan with dinner. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment