Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chicken Spinach Enchiladas--really good!

My sweet friend Kristen gave me this recipe last week, and it was to die for!  I changed a few things... and this is what I came up with.   I was so excited when it was all finished, that I forgot to take pictures. :(  But it made enough for a pan for that night, a pan to take to a friend and one to stick in the freezer for later.

Enchilada:
3 Chicken breast, grilled and shredded
1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
2 ups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1 med onion- diced and cooked with the chicken
18 flour tortillas
1 can of Spinach

Sauce:
1/2 cup butter
4 T flour
4 cup chicken broth
2 cup sour cream
2 chopped jalapenos

Begin cooking chicken.  While that is going, start the sauce.
Melt butter and add flour and broth.  Cook over medium heat until thick.
Add sour cream and cook until hot--DO NOT BOIL!
Add peppers

Shred chicken
Combine chicken, most of the cheese, onion and spinach (I washed it first). 
Spray baking dish (I used the smaller sized and got 6 tortillas in each)
Roll up chicken mixture in tortillas and place in pan seam side down
Pour over pan

Bake for 20 minutes on 350.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment