Saturday, June 23, 2012

CrockPot Cheesecake... yes please!

Tonight we are going to have a blast at our small group's game night!  I have been looking forward to this all week.  I know that I just made the cheesecake cookie dish to take to small group on Tuesday, but I saw this and couldn't help myself.  We have lots of cheesecake lovers in our group, so I figured this will either be a bust or a must!

Ingredients:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 full gram crackers)
2 Tbs brown sugar 
3 Tbs melted butter
2-8oz cream cheese, room temperature (mine were room temperature"ish")
2 eggs, room temperature (again... "ish")
1/4 cup heavy cream  (I didn't have cream, so I googled substitutes.  I used 3/4 milk added 1/3 cup melted butter to make the cream.  Yes I know it was too much, but I was too lazy to do the math to figure out the right portion of each.  I just scooped out the 1/4 cup needed and didn't worry about the rest)
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs flour

You will also need a CrockPot and a dish that fits inside your CrockPot.  I used my oval CorningWare dish, be sure to spray it with Pam first.

I started off making the crust. (Duh!)  Crush those bad boys up (the graham crackers) .
Add the brown sugar and melted butter, I also added a dash of cinnamon (Hey, I did just make that bread)
Mix it all together and then spread it out in the bottom of your CorningWare.



Then in my mixer, I mixed everything else: cream cheese, eggs, cream, vanilla and flour.  Mix until it is smooth.  Pour on top of your crust.


Now, add 1 cup of water to the bottom of your CrockPot.  (I did a 1 1/2 cups because of issues I am having with mine.)  Gently set your cheesecake into the CrockPot, being careful not to splash water into your cheesecake.... gross! 


The CrockPot was off at this point, but then turn it on high.  Cook for 2 hours, until the corners start to darken just lightly and you can touch the top of your cheesecake and it stay the way it is. 

Then you need to turn off the CrockPot and let your cheesecake cool for 1 hour while still in the CrockPot (with the lid).


Now move to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you serve!  It turned out to be delicious!  It wasn't hard to do, but I did feel like baking it in the oven would have been the same.  Cooking it in the CrockPot didn't make it any faster to make.  Bryan told me he liked the last Cheesecake Bar that I made earlier in the week better than this one.
 
And then, when I'm done.... Is this how you know you did a good job?  It always looks like this! Bryan was very sweet and came to help me clean up.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment