Friday, June 22, 2012

Banana Cinnamon Swirl Bread, this is a must!

I love pintrest!  Everyone who is close to me will probably read this and laugh because they know it is so true.  I have two food boards, one is a board of recipes I want to try, and one is a board of recipes that I have tried with my own personal notes.  The notes are really more for myself to remember how the food turned out, how much Bryan liked it etc.  Recipes start out of the first board and then get moved to the second once I have made them.  It helps keep order in my life.  I need order... :)


Well, I made Banana Cinnamon Swirl Bread. I followed the recipe from lovintheoven.com.

Ingredients:
3 over-ripe bananas, smashed up
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups flour

You will also need an additional 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon for the swirl part of the bread.




I used a glass bread dish and really like how it cooked.  I also have a metal one that I will try next time to see which one I like better.  They are both standard bread dish sizes (mine are the ones that come in the packs of Pyrex when you register for your wedding). 

1.  Preheat oven to 350 and spray your dish with Pam.

2.  Mash your bananas with a fork in a medium size mixing bowl, apparently it is important that you use over-ripe bananas.
3. Move bananas into a larger bowl and add butter, sugar, egg and vanilla and mix--gotta love that KitchenAid!
4. Once all combined (it should look kinda "goopy"), Sprinkle the baking salt and salt. 
5.  Add the flour and gently hand stir the dough, being careful not to over mix. 
6.  Combine the sugar and cinnamon and stir in a separate bowl.  (I didn't really measure, I mean too much sugar?  No way!)
7.  I lightly dusted my greased dish with the sugar mixture and then poured 1/2 of the bread dough into the pan making sure it is fairly even across the pan. 
8.  Evenly layer about half of your sugar mixture across the dough  (this is the swirl part).
9.  Add the rest of your dough and then top it off with the remainder of your sugar. 
10.  Pop in the oven for 50-60 minutes until cooked (mine took closer to 60 than 50). 
11.  Let the bread cool some before you remove it from the pan.

 




Look at that swirl!  How much better can it get?  Cut a slice and enjoy!  I add a little bit of butter and let it melt on my bread, HEAVENLY!



No comments:

Post a Comment